Center for Changing Lives
Announces Leadership Transitions
Ushering in a new year of providing nationally recognized, innovate services for Chicagoans experiencing and at risk of homelessness, Ellen Ray has been named the next agency Executive Director.
Read the full Press Release.
The Center for Changing Lives (CCL)
serves the neediest persons in the Logan Square & Humboldt Park communities. Incorporated as a non-profit community service agency by its sponsoring organization, Humboldt Park United Methodist Church of Chicago, CCL serves approximately 2,000 people each year with a range of programs.
The history of this community service organization has been written on the pages of the hundreds of lives that have been turned around for the better, leaving behind years of homelessness and hopelessness, and moving forward into healthy, productive and independent living. A large share of the credit for this success is due to the staff of CCL. These dedicated and talented persons have learned to accomplish so much with minimal resources. This front line of staff and volunteers is backed up by a working board of directors, hundreds of donating churches and individuals, committed principal funders, and cooperative networking agencies.
Important changes at the agency
We offer opportunities
--opportunities for the homeless and disadvantaged
--opportunities for volunteers and advocacy.
Did you know that in 2010 the Center for Changing Lives served over 1,472 unduplicated people?
“You all put a lot of hope back into my life.”
Client receiving employment services
“I walked out with hope in one hand and a permit in the other.”
Client who received his CDL permit through our
Center for Changing Lives
YOU can invest in Changing Lives!
- $2 provides a hot meal.
- $100 feeds 50 people for one day!
- $30 provides the money needed to pick-up and transport one week's worth of food to our facilities (over 2,000 pounds weekly).
- $105 keeps the doors of the Center for Changing Lives open one day to provide support and counseling to those in need of jobs and stable housing.
- $75 pays the heating bill for one Interim Housing apartment for one month.
- $190 keeps the doors of our Interim Housing programs open one full day to house over 52 men, women and children.
- $110 allows us to do one week's worth of residents' laundry.
- $127 allows us to buy one week's worth of bus passes.
- $3,139 will keep all of CCL programs open for one full day! This includes all costs associated with programs (i.e.: staffing, food, housing costs, transportation, training, heating, emergency assistance, etc.)
CCL faces the future challenge of eliminating homelessness in our community with the confidence built on this solid track record of service.